Glenvagh National Park is some 16,540 hectares (40,873 acres) of mountains, lakes, glens and woods, with a herd of red deer. A Scottish style castle is surrounded by one of the finest gardens in Ireland, which contrast with the rugged surroundings. The Visitor Centre houses exhibitions and an audio-visual show.
The Visitor Centre is accessible for visitors with disabilities.
Built in the years 1870 – 1873, the castle consists of a four storey rectangular keep. Access to the interior is by tour only. Morning and afternoon teas are served in the castle tearooms all season. The ground floor of the castle is partially accessible for visitors with disabilities.
Location: 24km north-west of Letterkenny. Kilmacrennan / Termon to Dunlewy Road or Churchill to Dunlewy Road).